In some parking lots, we can often see some vehicles parked with car covers. Although car covers can protect vehicles from the wind and sun, what we don't know is that there are some disadvantages to car covers, so what are the disadvantages of car covers? Let's take a look at them together.
What's the harm of car covers to cars?
1. car covers will wear the paint.
Some car covers are flocked inside. If there is fine dust on the surface of your car, it will turn into a piece of sandpaper just like your car under the action of the wind, gently, slowly, omnidirectional, and almost without dead ends. If you don't pay attention, you can't see it. It is very obvious that you will see the paint under strong light.
2, easy to corrode automobile parts
If it is in a high-temperature state, adding a hood to the hood is actually equivalent to covering a steaming pot with a layer of plastic cloth. When you just stop the car and cover it with car covers, the local temperature will soar instantly, which will lead to an increase in humidity. Excessive humidity will corrode the parts because 80% of the parts of the car are made of steel, which is easy to corrode when it meets water.
3. car covers itself has some problems.
(1) car covers are too big, and it is a bit difficult for one person to cover and collect them. The novelty of cherishing new cars is too strong. At this time, it becomes sometimes covered and sometimes not covered.
(2) It is easy to get dirty. The car is outside every day, and dust, leaves, bird droppings, rain, and mud on wet roads will be distributed on the car body at any time. Nobody washes the car before using car covers, do they?
(3) car covers materials. At present, the car covers materials on the market are uneven, and most of them are laminated on the front and flocked on the back. This kind of material is not strong in firmness and tension, and it is easy to break.
Having said such shortcomings, let's look at some advantages of car covers, as follows:
1. It can protect the car paint and window glass, especially for high-end cars. Regular use of the car cover can prolong the service life of the car paint and make the car paint as bright as new.
2. In fact, in addition to cleaning, sun protection, and other functions, car covers also have a super water-dialing function to prevent freezing from harming vehicles in cold weather.
3, effectively prevent falling objects, fireworks, and other unexpected factors from damaging the vehicle.
4. Effectively prevent theft of vehicles and accessories.
Everything has two sides. On the one hand, the car cover does protect our car from the wind and the sun, but it will also have side effects on the car. We still need to comprehensively consider the influence of the car cover on the car.
The above is about the disadvantages of car covers. Let's take a look at how to buy car covers.
How to buy car covers
1. It depends on the inside of the car covers. It is necessary to choose cotton plants because the cotton plants will not cause artificial scratches on the car paint because of the movement of the car covers, while the inferior car covers without cotton plants will rub the car paint when the wind blows.
2, according to their own models and models to buy, car covers must be the right size. If the car covers are too big, they will be loose on the car body and will be lost when the wind blows.
3. Be sure to check whether it is waterproof or not. In order to save time and effort, some small enterprises use single-line stitching, and the stitches are very large, so the waterproof effect is naturally greatly reduced.
4. Check whether it is marked with flame-retardant materials.
Car covers purchase misunderstanding
When choosing car covers, think that the heavy one is good and the light one is not good.
Most customers ask how much they weigh when buying car covers, and think that what is heavy is good. Actually, the heavy car covers are made of PVC. Pvc material has the highest density among the materials used in car covers. PVC is also one of the largest plastic products in the world, which is cheap and widely used. Its main component is polyethylene resin. If it is covered too thick, it will fall off after a while, like the raincoat we wear. If you buy this kind of automotive covers, I'm afraid it won't protect you, but it will hurt the paint.